Thursday, November 10, 2016

What I Know (post election reflection)

What I know: I am still the same person I was yesterday, the day before and tomorrow. I hold the same values that motivate and inspire me - simplicity, peace, integrity, equality, conservation of our natural world and community. Sometimes I see those values reflected in the leadership of our country and sometimes not. Sometimes my work is devoted more towards moving those ideals forward and sometimes the energy is directed more towards defending them. I am old enough to recall decades like the 1980s where my primary work was standing up for those principles against the prevailing political winds. I see a new storm blew in last night, I am pretty sure I know what my job will be. Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment