Saturday, September 25, 2010

All I need is a Hero

In the book "High Fidelity" the main character suggests that the best way to know a person is to look at their music collection.   The proper percentage of hip albums would reveal the persons true nature, too many albums that would be easily recognized by the casual fan was a sure sign of a problem.   A more interesting way to get to know someone I think is to ask about their heroes.   I say this partly because I think everyone needs heroes.  I'll open up this blog by listing a few of my heroes.  If you don't recognize some, look them up!
(In no particular order)
Paul Robeson
Pete Seeger
Edward R. Murrow
Eleanor Roosevelt
Marian Anderson
George Fox
Patti Smith
Studs Terkel
Jackie Robinson
Frederick Douglass
Franz Kline
Abraham Lincoln
George Carlin
Joseph Campbell
Johnny Cash
Bill Moyers

No comments:

Post a Comment